[Go back to events listing]
The Burt – Dodgeball + Mustache Expo
The Mission Rec Center
2450 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Apr 5 2014 until Apr 6 2014
11:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday Night Kick Off Party – Mustache Ball
- Saturday Tourney (Soft Core Division + Hard Core Division)
- Sunday Last Stache Standing Contest & Burt Wrap Party
April 4th, Friday – Kick Off Party
Happy Hour @ Madrone from 6-7:30pm
Let your stache down and have a drink while one of the hundreds of great movies Burt made plays in the background.
Drink ‘n Greet @ Little Lodge 8-10pm
We are fortunate to have some amazing artists doing posters for the Burt this year. We will have them on sale at the venue. We will kick it at a great art space (it’s run by Dennis & Alfonso) in the Inner Sunset. We will have free adult drinks and a chance for us all to chill and talk about our mustaches.
April 5th, Saturday – Team Tourney
@ Mission Rec, San Francisco,CA
There will be two separate divisions:
- The Cop and A Half Division (Rec/Newbie Level) beings at 11:30am
- The Smokey & The Bandit Division (Hard Core/Advanced Level) begins at 3:00pm
The Cop and A Half Division (Rec/Newbie Level) – This is the most fun loving, goofball division. Each team will consist of 12 players with a minimum of 3 gals per team. Must have at least 6 true newbies – only one season under their belts or new to WDS. No Hard Core players allowed.
The Smokey & The Bandit Division (Hard Core/Advanced Level) – This is the more hard core, competitive division for dodgeball vets and league players. Each team will consist of 12 players with a minimum of 3 gals per team. Rosters of up to 12 players are permitted. We are not looking to have this be a pro level (i.e. elite) division. We encourage you not to make this into any sort of national/international all-star caliber team. Please try to keep it a little more on the lighter side.
Players may only participate in one division.
- The folks from Mission Rec will be cooking out and running concessions. Please bring some cash and support them (aka the rec center). All monies go directly to them.
- We’ll have lots of give aways(know your Burt trivia)
- Complimentary mustaches to be included in player gift bags
- We will have Burt art and posters for sale (square accepted)
- Prizes will be awarded. Loads of ‘em. Categories will include “Best Stache” (male and female) and Best Team Concept, among others.
After party at Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem, things may get hairy. We plan on starting here then bouncing around the Mission.
April 6th, Sunday – Last Burt Standing Contest
This will be the ultimate stache bash, aka last mustache standing where it’s every player for them self until only one remains. If you get out (hit, caught, line violation) you are eliminated. The top 5 from each heat will advance to the championship round.
Registration is now open!